As a fashion blogger a lot of people used to ask me if I really could make money by blogging. As my answer is yes, a lot of people often stare in disbelief. Because how can someone make money by writing about their hobby? As from my experience I can say that it is possible to earn money with blogging, especially when taking a professional approach.
When I first started with blogging I did not have the intention to earn money from it, I just wanted to write about Fashion and influence other people with my style. The same goes for this financial blog, I love to educate and inform people about possibilities they have never even thought of. As months went by I received my first blog earning by writing a review for a clothing company. I can remember feeling very content because I didn’t know it was possible. Months later more enquiries, products and invitations filled my mailbox and I loved it!
In order to make money with blogging you have to start one, which sounds easier than done. All bloggers take years in order to get where they are and to have their blog looking professional, everybody starts from scratch.
As time goes by you will change your mind when it comes to layout, colours and sometimes even ideas. From personal experience I can say that this transition is what forms your blog and will be appreciated by your following.
If you are interested in starting a blog, my tip is to be self-hosted as you can determine your layout and monetize to your own wishes. You can start your blog at only (PRIJS) per month, with (EXTRA) (this special price is only through my link). The income of my blog did not take off until I switched to my self-hosted WordPress page.
WHERE DOES BLOG INCOME COME FROM?
This is a frequently asked question, when it comes to how I make money blogging. A lot of people find it interesting, but haven’t got a clue where the earnings come from and whether it is worth their time.
Blogging income can come from a number of places, it all depends on how long you are blogging, your fan base and how professional you take blogging. Blogging income generally comes from the following ways;
If you are using advertisements or product reviews, company will pay you for writing about their company and products. This is a very common way of advertising in the Fashion blog niche and have been a big percentage of the earnings on my Fashion blog.
If it is affiliate marketing that you are using, you are being provided with links that will track how many people have clicked and purchased through your link and you will get paid according to an percentage that have been spend by the customer. This is a very common way for influencers to earn money, however you do need a large following to make a big earning out of it.
And then there is add display, which will display ads by the use of Google Adsense or a company banner. This works the same as affiliate marketing; people will click and purchase through your link and you will receive a percentage of the spending.
The writing of Guest blogs is also getting more and more popular. As other bloggers like your content and might ask you to write a guest blog for them in return for payment.
With the experience of blogging for multiple years, I have obtained a few tips that I have learned during my blogging years. I wish I knew these tips before I got started as I probably would have achieved more, therefore I will share my top 8 tips for bloggers.
- Looking professional – A professional blog has to look professional in order to make money which brings us to the layout. Visit a few blogs that you find professional looking and write down what they all have in common. After that you can be creative by adjusting your layout or pay someone to do it for you, in the end it’s all worth the money.
- Easy accessible – Make it easy for visitors to browse and read your articles. You will also want to make it easier for visitors to find your blog by using metatags, categories and a search bar. There is nothing more annoying than having to search for articles in a chaotic environment. Adding links to similar articles on your blog will lead to more page views and the visitor is able to find relatable topics without having to scroll or search for it.
- Publish high quality articles – When taking blogging seriously, articles always have to be of high quality as they will display the professionality of your blog and it will lead readers to return for more content. Don’t write content because you feel you ‘have to’ , high quality are often between 500 and 1500 words with informational content.
- Create catchy headlines – Headlines will lead audience to your blog. Catchy headlines are often relatable or arouse curiosity among the visitor.
- Make use of social media – The use of social media is perfect to increase traffic to your blog as it is a free marketing opportunity. Do keep in mind to use the right social media, Instagram would do great for picture related articles like Fashion and Interior decorating but won’t have as much success for a financial blog as Instagram is picture related and less text heavy.
- Pinterest pins – Pinterest is the perfect example of a social media to use for any blog. Pinterest gives the opportunity to post pictures in any size and add text with it, when using the right flashy pictures it makes yours stand out and generate more traffic to your blog.
- Guest blogging – Guest blogging is ideal for when you are starting out with your blog. By writing for another blog you are able to make use of the guest blog’s following and lead them to your blog. This also creates a network with other bloggers which means having another friend!
- Make it easy to share content – It is highly important to make it easy to share your articles among thirds. By adding the possibility to share on Facebook, Twitter or even LinkedIn you will broaden the possibility of the spreading of your content. By letting others share your content you will retrieve more traffic towards your blog.
There are a lot of opportunities to earn money by blogging, and everyone has another approach. I recommend you do a lot of research on what would work best for your blog and the niche you are in. there are many companies that are willing to pay bloggers for services, just remember to stay true to yourself and take deals that will suit you and your blog.
Are you a blogger and have experience with earning money by blogging? Leave a comment in the comment section and tell us your experience and tips so we can all learn from each other and make money with our hobby.